VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It's a 2001 VW Beetle. I was picking my son up from school…

Customer Question
It's a 2001 VW...

It's a 2001 VW Beetle. I was picking my son up from school waiting in the parking lot with car off. It got a little war, outside so I turned the car back on and everything was fine. 3 minutes later it died and would not start. Cranks but no start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are in good shape.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, speed sensor, crankshaft, new ecu....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not as of yet

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/31/2018
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 26 days ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Good afternoon what trouble codes do you have stored in the ecm ?? do you have spark ?? and fuel pressure while cranking ??

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced