VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

No communication to any modules. 2013 volkswagen passat tdi.

Customer Question
No communication to any...

No communication to any modules

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2013 volkswagen passat tdi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes im trying to fix it myself but wanted to see what controls all the signals to each module as im not getting any signal to any

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: VW
3/29/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 27 days ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.
  2. What make and model scan tool are you using please?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
1VWCN7A36DC011439
i was able to borrow a snap on solus and i got ever code relating to no communication to abs module , srs module , gear box module , net work gateway module , body control module . this vehicle was a flood and reached to bottom part of the seat . im guessing that what ever sends out power to all the modules was damaged , do u know if its the ecu or abs module that controls that

no the gateway module is the hub for the rest of the modules for communication and from gateway to scan tool .

need to get gateway going first then go according modules after that!

anything else?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ive replaced gateway , checked all grounds , cleaned all connectors . the scan tool only works with engine turned on . what powers gateway ? Fuse maybe ?

with the gateway changed you need to code the gateway and you will need vag com or the factory scan tool to set the gateway correctly so you can communicate with the modules.

gateway module is not plug and play !

With being flooded with water there is a great possibility that will need more diagnosis where the Premium service option is needed!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician