VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2001 vw jetta 1.8 wire from alternator to fuse module on top…

Customer Question
2001 vw jetta 1.8...

2001 vw jetta 1.8 wire from alternator to fuse module on top of battery gets hot have replaced fuse box once what is causing that and whats the remedy

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

No its the fuse panel on top of the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced te alternator and another time the fuse box on top of battery that melted

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thewse vehicle are said to beknown for that problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: VW
3/28/2018
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 3 months ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. I would perform a volt drop on the charge cable. It most likely needs the charge cable replaced. resistance builds up in the terminal that attaches to the fuse block, hope this helps, thank you.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years