VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

1997 vw cabrio is there a way to check the transmission

1997 vw cabrio is...

1997 vw cabrio is there a way to check the transmission fluid wihtout taking it to a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

Ive had it for 3 years not checked since ive had it tranny shifts unevenly

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cabrio yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cant try anything because its a sealed unit i was wondering if there was a kit to put a dip stick on it

3/28/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Yes Sir there is a way to do it yourself, you need an $9 tool, they sell them on ebay, Click on link below to see it on ebay and also Click on link to view the pdf file for the step by step instruction and oil type and capacity to check or replace the fluid ,it is done from bottom , car has to be jacked or lifted

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat

Thank you for the Rating :)

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page

You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800