VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My wife drives a VW Polo comfortline and yesterday and today…

Customer Question
Hi, My wife drives...

Hi, My wife drives a VW Polo comfortline and yesterday and today the epc light came on and then the accelerator did function. Is this a relay to a fuse that could cause this error or fault.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Just went over 100 thou

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2013 16

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: VW
3/28/2018
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 25 days ago
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Hi im kevin this fault is very unlikely to be caused by a relay or a fuse .The epc system is basically a safety cut off ,because your vehicle is fitted with no hard link between throttle pedal and throttle body the electrical system is monitored very closely so if anything occurrs that will effect engine speed without driver input the warning illuminates and either full or partial throttle restriction is applied .The first step here is to get car plugged into a diagnostic tool to find why the car has illuminated warning Throttle body failure and throttle pedal failures are both common occurrences

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic