VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Kids 2002 beetle 2.0 xheck engine light came on then began…

Kids 2002 beetle 2.0 xheck...
Kids 2002 beetle 2.0 xheck engine light came on then began to shake when stopping and began to accelerate on its own. All new this morning. Brand new brakes and it's not the floor mate for the acceleration issue.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am Brandon - VW tech

Since the check engine light is ON, have you scan the vehicle yet with an OBD scanner?

I will need the trouble code to identify the problem.

Not yet, after work I can, I'll have to take it to AutoZone, she's at school with car and I'm at work sorry

Okay, it could be the throttle position sensor TPS or the throttle body. The code will confirm the issue for us.

Once you have the code from Autozone, come back here. I will help you out.

Ok thank you I'll let u know

Hey, just wanted to follow up on your car?

internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic
Well check engine light went off before I could look at it I guess she ran through a big puddle yesterday on way to school, now is running great

Ok thanks for the reply. For the future get yourself a scanner on Amazon for$15 so next time you could retrieve the code yourself. Have a great day!

Here is the scanner model.

Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles