VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW 2007 rabbit coil schematic. I was replacing the coil over…

VW 2007 rabbit coil...

VW 2007 rabbit coil schematic

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?

I was replacing the coil over plug wiring connector and may have missed wired it looking for color cords for pin 1 - 4?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rabbit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes doing it myself I am A aircrft MEchanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to verify the 2.5L Coil over plug wiring color to Pins

3/25/2018
VWDoc
VWDoc, Independent VW Shop owner

Ok, here you go:

1 - red/green

2 - brown

3 - purple with tracer

4 - brown/green

VWDoc
VWDoc, Independent VW Shop owner
Just checked, They are wire up correctly. What is the next step to see why i get no Ignition spark to the Coil over Plugs?

The most common reason for a no-spark condition on one of these is a failed crankshaft position sensor. If you have a scope, you can check output, but they're also reasonably inexpensive.

The car ran fine until i change the Coil Pack 4 ping harness shell, They were all busted up. Once i did that no more spark.
Any idea on what each pin should have for voltage or resistance?

1) full battery voltage

2) ground

3) ground trigger from engine control module (very difficult to see if this is happening with a DVOM, since the event happens very quickly. I always have to use a scope)

4) ground

pin 1 no voltage on all 5 connectors

Check fuse 14 in the under-hood fuse panel

fuse 14 good

Ok, good meaning intact, or good meaning intact and powered? Did you check both sides of the fuse with a DVOM? This is important.

fuse 14 is 10 amp, I check it with a Voltmeter for short test
I am checking Pin 1 with the Key in Ignition and Ignition on. no 12V
Pin 2 and 4 for ground check out (OK)

Ok, that's odd. Fuse 14 should be a 20. Now here's the issue. There are a few different fuse panel designs on these. Can you post a picture of yours?

Ok, excellent. Throw me a VIN please

WVWBS71K37W252456

Ok, the only yellow 20A fuse in that panel...intact and with battery voltage through it with key on?

20A is Blown getting a new fuse

Nice! Report back please.

Problem Solved!!!
Thank You so Much!!!
You Will get A TIP FROM ME!!!!!!

Hell yes! I love these sessions where there's a definitive fix! Very glad to help!