VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2004 VW Passat, the windows and the radio does not…

I have a 2004 VW...
I have a 2004 VW Passat , the windows and the radio does not work. Check all fuses, they checked good except the 10 amp for window, replaced it still nothing. checked power to switch, did not find any.
Power door locks work, but none of the windows
3/25/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.
  2. do you have VAG COM scan tool.
  3. Are there any water leaks or is the carpet wet?

thanks

Vin: WVWYH63B743229165 , I do not have a scan tool that will read a VW. and it dose have a windshield leak that gets the carpet wet.

is the leak on the drivers side of the car?

if so please pull the carpet up on the drivers front and then you will see a black box . pull the box out and then open it look at the connectors are they green and wet?

please do let me know!!

thanks

Pulled carpet up, floor board full of water, black box had water in it, box inside of box has water in it, & harness has 3 wires corroded and broke loose from plug

there is your issue!!

you will need to rectify the water leak, pull the carpet, get all water out , replace the ccm . perform wiring repairs to the connectors . you must follow the wire until copper color is shown .(may be up to 5-8 feet)

then recheck!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Thanks
will the new CCM have to be programed to the car??

it needs to be coded to the vehicle . yes!