VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Just purchased a 2005 VW Bettle and drove it 40mile s. When…

Customer Question
Just purchased a...

Just purchased a 2005 VW Bettle and drove it 40mile s. When parked the car and when into a restaurant to have dinner. When we came out we cranked the car and put it in reverse, but it when forward. Since then the car will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

AAA came out and said the battery was fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 VW?

Bettle Converyible 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
3/24/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.
* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.Thanks