Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

Where do you add transmission fluid on a 2007 voltswagon new

Customer Question

Where do you add transmission fluid on a 2007 voltswagon new beetle?
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: I don't know.
JA: Are you fixing your New Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just want to check the fluid.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

There is not a dipstick for this one. Fluid is checked by getting fluid to operating temperature and with vehicle level, remove the drain/fill plug on bottom of transmission pan. If fluid drips out, it is good. If not, then you have to use a hand pump and long tube to run up into the drain/fill plug opening to pump in fluid until it drips out

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

Unless you have a further question on this, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.