VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2006 beetle convertible and the window switches stopped

Customer Question
2006 beetle convertible and...

2006 beetle convertible and the window switches stopped working but the switch to make all 4 go down still works but the drivers window will not go down no power locks or mirrors.. the gas and trunk still work and the fab does lock and unlock both door still

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No its has not worked today even after driving a round

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Also the window does not move down when you unblock door like it did yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No work done the top is in good shape I did take door panel off to see if wire came loose and found nothing wrong

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: VW
3/24/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.

Thanks

3vwrf31y16m303870

i need you to peel the rubber boot back and see if you have any broken or chaffed wires.

I did. And didn’t see any. They all looked ok

do you have vag com scan tool?

I do believe you have a window module/motor that has an issue and to verify that is the root cause VAG COM is needed to verify inputs and outputs .

That is the logical way to go about this!!

I do have a obd scanner. I can can scan in the morning Any code I should look for ?

that may not scan the comfort module.

obd scanners are for engine and transmission only!!

Ok. Can see if I can get one at auto store or garage.
Got it. I will order it. Ty. Will get back with you

my pleasure!!