VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My new beetle Master window control module is not sending a…

Customer Question
My new beetle Master...

My new beetle Master window control module is not sending a signal to the passenger side. the Window, side mirror or puddle light does not work. All fuses and both door harness are fine. It is a used window motor from the junk yard on the passenger side. If I go to the passenger side it works fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

If I open the door. The puddle light on the door and the dome light comes on. But not the puddle light on the passenger side

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your New Beetle?

2000 Turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your New Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Please bare with me as I explain

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My key will lock and unlock the drivers side only. he drivers side does not communicate with the passenger side. I replaced both regulators and the passenger motor

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
3/22/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.
  2. When you replaced the window motors did you make sure the part #'s are the same ?
  3. Do you have VAG COM scan tool?

Thanks

vin # 3VWDD21CX1M461826
No, I just grabbed a motor from another VW thinking it would work. Could that be the issue why the Mirror, window, door lock and puddle/courtesy light don't work on that side from the Master switch? It works fine if I operate it from the passenger side.No I don't have a VAG COM Scan tool

there is a very very good possibility that the wrong motor is used.

the original motor did it act the same way

please explain

thanks