VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Radio code: vwz4z7x5004097. No manual. Passat 2000. YouTube…

Customer Question
Radio code...

Radio code : vwz4z7x5004097

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes. No manual

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Passat 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes ....YouTube lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

About radio ...no don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/22/2018
VW Mechanic: mike2765, Vw master technician replied 4 months ago
mike2765
mike2765, Vw master technician
Hello I’m mike. Per your provided serial # you code is 0150. Please don’t forget to rate my service/accept my answer. Thank you.
Thank you for your response. I disconnected the battery for an hour. After reconnected it, the radio turned on without having to use the code . These cars suck
If you can, I have a brake pedal that is tripping the EPC sensor. Causing me to lose throttle response. Only happens in the rain . Computer box, under the hood, is dry as a bone.
Sounds like you have an issue with the brake switch. I would trying replacing that first. It’s located on the bracket above the brake pedal. With knowing your exact fault code that the computer is throwing that’s the best I can do.