VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Just had it at a repair shop to check a check engine light…

Just had it at...

Just had it at a repair shop to check a check engine light which turned out to be a faulty crankcase valve. OK, that is fine now. But, after they reset the code, there are several strange things happening. The console shows the rear doors are open. Strange--it's a 2 door 2008 eos. The dome lights don't work on auto when the door is opened so I have to turn them off completely. The horn no longer beeps when I lock it with the key fob. But the strangest thing is that the polarity on the rear passenger window seems to have reversed polarity, so to open it I have to pull up instead of push down; same problem when I use the auto control that controls all 4 windows. So, when I try to open the convertible top that window is not synced correctly. The service rep says I need to go to a dealer to have the computer "reset" as it is acting like it has reverted to a generic VW control and no longer specifically for an Eos. Make any sense? Never happened before. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Which light do you mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2008 Eos

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried just going into the menus on the Multi-Function Display, but none if it seems to address the situation

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time. Thanks. I have not seen this pop up chat before. Is there a charge for this service?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the VW Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Maybe I had just better go to the dealer--I suspect I'm going to have to anyway....

3/21/2018
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Hi im kevin not sure how they have done it but i agree they have knocked the programmie coding out of the door modules meaning the car believes it has four doors .this is because the module in the door fits almost every other model vw made in that year and the coding basically tells the module what vehicle its fitted to without coding its confused the whole system .reentering coding is straight forward but it will need dealer tool to carry out this process

Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic