VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I drove home from work yesterday and went in the house. Came…

Customer Question
I drove home from...

I drove home from work yesterday and went in the house. Came back out to the garage and saw smoke coming from the engine. I opened the hood, and smelt burning electrical smell. Could not see any issues. Got in the car this morning and had code B2aaa and B2aaa PD. I recently put on a new alternator. 2007 vw passat 2.0t gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Not a gas hog. Starts fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

I gave that to you already

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your VW?

Are you real?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Do I bother talking to you on this, as you are not answering my questions, nor reading what I have said.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Connect me please

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: VW
3/21/2018
VW Mechanic: gomi_otaku, VW Technician replied 3 months ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician

The fault codes (which are not typical VW codes, but OBDii codes) are for a misfire and fault for the coolant temp sensor. This wouldn't explain the burning electrical smell. Was the alternator you replaced previously replaced with a VW part (Bosch or Valeo) or a part from the local parts store? Have you inspected the connections to the alternator and the battery to make sure they are fully snug, if they are not they could be arcing.