VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a vokswagen Sharan v6 automatic 2003 model. But

Customer Question
Good evening, please I...

Good evening, please I have a vokswagen Sharan v6 automatic 2003 model. But problem is that once it is hurt it will refuse to enter reverse. But in the morning it will enter reverse. after that it will not agree to enter reverse again. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 VW?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Honestly I just bought it as used car. I virtually know nothing about vokswagen.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

After I took the car to car wash the air bag warning light refuse to go off. Is permanently on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Honestly I don't know.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: VW
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I would also like to know how many litres of oil I can use to service the ca
3/20/2018
VW Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 29 days ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and
this is the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside
pan. Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just
were a bit low on fluid. I will have to check the fluid capacity.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor