VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I am not getting fuel to injector pump. It is a diesel and…

I am not getting...

I am not getting fuel to injector pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It is a diesel and it does not start because there is no fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2002 Jetta gls tdi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everything I have looked up online for lift pump says it has four wires this one has two wires so I need to test voltage but what wire is hot and witch one is ground

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They said it smelt like burnt wires the account pump froze up and they replaced it with a bypass adaptor now it is not getting fuel to injector pump

3/20/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. On your vehicle it does not have an electric lift pump . the 2 wires are for the float only for the gauge.
  2. Pull the grenade pin of the fuel filter and pull the element out is the fuel filter full?
  3. any recent work done to the vehicle before this issue?
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Haven't checked that but there is no fuel at the injector pump I don't think so it was running before so there is no pump in the tank
Phone call session started