VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

03 jetta gL 2.0 no start have traced it back to the ecu.

03 jetta gL 2.0...

03 jetta gL 2.0 no start have traced it back to the ecu. upon open up the ecu found circuit board burned from pin 62. figure i have a short some where. but cannot find a decent schematic for what is all controlled by this pin

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?

Yeah so far nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes iam fixing myself. troubleshot it to the ecu to pin 62 from there nothing

3/19/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you are looking for information on the ECM pinout. I can provide you the wiring diagram with this information. Just a moment, please.

Here is the information that you have requested. I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits the shows what pin 62 controls. I have highlighted the areas of concern. The pin controls the power supply relay and is also connected to fuse #37 in the fuse panel. The issue could just be the ECM, but the power supply relay and the fuse panel should also be inspected. I am thinking that the power supply relay or the ECM is the issue. The short version is what you should be inspecting, although, I have attached the complete information also.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician