eric remington
eric remington,
Experience:  mechanic/service advisor at topline auto
95415974

The heater runs all the time, None noted, 2001 VW Jetta, I

Customer Question

The heater runs all the time
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: None noted
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2001 VW Jetta
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't yet started my own repairs, this is prelim inquiry
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have grounding issue with license plate lights. Changed bulbs, won't light
Category: VW
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you having a heating issue. Just so that I am clear, do you mean that when you turn of the vehicle, the fan doesn't turn off, or is it that the vehicle only blows hot air?

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Also, what is the motor size of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
115 horse power 121CID
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, I have to go now, please send a response after !:30 pdst.
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Just so that I am clear, do you mean that when you turn off the vehicle, the fan doesn't turn off, or is it that the vehicle only blows hot air?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The vehicle heater always blows hot air, even with the fan off.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Todd. I'm at the answer station now trying to troubleshoot the heater that runs all the time, even when fan is off.
Expert:  eric remington replied 8 months ago.

have you tried to change temperature setting? do you have the recirulaton or fresh air coming into vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The temperature setting does not work. I haven't tried to check the recirculation, since it is always hot. The ac works briefly before going hot.

take off recirculation yhat may help get your temp setting fixed

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I 'll try that again to verify and trouble shoot the issue.

k

the recirculation not being on will help may eliminate if not you will need to fix temperature dial issue

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Eric, Hi. I tried running with. that on an off. Didn't solve the problem. Looks like the temperature dial is the problem. I saw a video of how to check that and move the flapper. That is the next step, correct?

y​es to figure out why its not working. could be involved including removing the dash for testing and repair. as that what you would like to do?

If you would like to proceed I will need a vehicle id number and a phone call may be in order

SORRY PLEAE THE LAST TWO RESPONSES WHERE MEANT FOR ANOTHER CUSTOMER SORRY ABOUT THAT

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Erik hi. Yes I'm looking at dash removal to get at the temp control. I'll try starting soon.

would you like instructions get me vin number and I will get instructions. but if you don't have enough Freon in system or if compressor not engaging then perhaps you don't need to take that Prt. if you turn on ac does low side hose get cold? ac compressor clutch engage?

Expert:  eric remington replied 7 months ago.

if for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

p​lease rate me that is how I am compensated