VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

The wipers on my 2011 vw jetta work but the washer fluid is…

Customer Question
The wipers on my...

The wipers on my 2011 vw jetta work but the washer fluid is not coming out properly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

The wiper motor is working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had my mechanic look at it. He replaced the 2 sprayers inside the hood but it still works the same way.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The washer fluid reservoir is full. LOL!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
3/19/2018
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Since the sprayers are not spraying properly and they were both replaced this indicates that the issue is either due to a weak washer fluid pump not pumping enough fluid through like it should or an issue with the washer fluid check valve or pinched washer fluid feed hose.

All of these will cause this issue here.

These all need to be checked into starting with checking it over for a pinched washer hose.If this is o.k. then any check valves in the feed line from the pump need checked to see if they can be blown through from the flow side.If they cannot then the affected check valve needs to be replaced.

Now is the feed line and check valves are o.k. then the washer fluid pump needs to be replaced to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete