VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Can’t get power to my blower motor, cigarette lighter or…

Customer Question
Can’t get power to...

Can’t get power to my blower motor , cigarette lighter or wipers

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

I have checked all fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2006 passat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
3/18/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.

Thanks

Wvwak73cx6p216290

Thanks for the vin let me check what can be the cause of your issue!!

i do need to know if there is any light comes on if the a/c button is pressed?

there isb

2 part question here does the blower work on #4 and do you have a digital volt meter?

I put 12 dc to the. Blower motor at the resister plug and it turns on hi speed only
I have a digital volt meter

ok you will need a blower motor resistor.

wipers now is the hood open?

it will not work if the hood is open or it says in the dash that the hood is open.

There’s no power getting to the resistor
Wipers don’t work with hood open or closed
My mistake wipers are working

check fuse 41 left side fuse box of dash make sure you have 12 volts there.

Fuse 41 is good but with fuse out I read 3vdc

how are you reading 3 volts where are the leads when you have 3 volts

I pulled the fuse off one lead to the fuse terminal and one lead to ground the other side of the terminal has no reading just 0