VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

The radio quit working and I noticed the digital speedometer…

Customer Question
The radio quit working...

The radio quit working and I noticed the digital speedometer isn't working either

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes, although some fuses don't have any power to them on either side

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2011 vw jetta tdi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes by myself , I checked code and the one came up I cant find a definition for p26a6

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 2 days by:
3/19/2018
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 3 months ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. I have seen this issue before, typically it is a failure of the instrument cluster. Sometimes, you will also notice that the mileage wont count up. Is the radio asking for you to put your security code in? thanks. Also, It may be worth it to have your dealer run your vin # and see if the part has an extended coverage, thank you.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years