VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2014 VW CC DRIVER SIDE DOOR NOT LOCKING. CAR IS LOW MILAGE…

2014 VW CC DRIVER...

2014 VW CC DRIVER SIDE DOOR NOT LOCKING

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?

CAR IS LOW MILAGE AND OUT OF THE WARRANTY . SO I WANT TO FIGURE OUT IF IT IS SOMETHING LIKE ADJUSTING THE DOOR LOCK ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I HAVE READ ABOUT ACTUATOR PROBLEMS BUT THAT SOUNDS EXPENSIVE . MIND YOU I DID NOT MENTION EVERYTIME THE SPEED DROPS / I COME TO A STOP , THEN WHEN PULLING AWAY I CAN HEAR THE SYSTEM TRYING TO AUTOLOCK . IT NEVER DID THAT BEFORE .

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
The driver's door latch is faulty and needs to be replaced, it's an extremely common problem and really the only thing that's going to cause this. The vehicle Shrine auto lock every time you take off from a stop because that latch telling vehicle that that the door is unlocked.Please remember to hit accept if I've answered your question to your satisfaction as that is the only way the site compensates me for my time.He have any follow-up questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
BUT THEN IT MEANS IT IS A LATENT ( INHERENT ) FACTORY FAULT AND THERE SHOULD BE A VW FACTORY BULLETIN TO THIS EFFECT . The problem just starts suddenly and on its own . The door was never banged shut , nor is there any water seepage into it . Is there not a problem with the alignment of the door lock in the first place and maybe some sort of premature wear of the ACTUATOR ?
There is ALWAYS water into the door, the door is not sealed against water, the scraper on the outside is not a full seal which is why doors have a vapor barrier behind the door panel.Also, this is a problem on all makes and models, not just VW. I answer at least a couple questions per day about door latch failure. It's just something that happens.And no, that isn't how tech bullitens work either, they're generally released for things that are hard to diagnose to lead techs in the right direction. A tech bulliten doesn't necessarily even lead to a warranty extension.
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic