VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

No start. 2008 Jetta. I am. I have the 2.5 engine. I have…

Yes Mechanic's Assistant: What...

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2008 Jetta

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. I have the 2.5 engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have had it scanned . Communication to ECM code

3/17/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.

Thanks

3VWRM71K88M071568

When you turn the key on does the check engine light come on in the dash?

if there is no check engine light what other lights are on in the dash?

thanks

No. The battery and steering wheel lights.

that all ? no air bag , no esp ?

pic will let me see what you see!!

next to the green button is attach file button.

thanks

I Checked the ecm harness last week and found the red/black had been been spliced before. After messing with the harness the car started later that day. IThe next day I had a scan done. After clearing all of the codes the one that returned was the communication to the ECM code remained. Today I was going to fix the red/black wire and it would not start again. I fixed the wire and still does not start. I do not here the fuel pump. There is 12 volts on the red/black wire. I'm trying to find wiring diagrams so I can check ground wires.
Hello. Are we still communicating?

sorry for my delay family emergency. the red and black wire there is still an issue with it . did you check make sure the copper was copper color and not black or green?

I spliced in a new 12” section. The original looked ok.

do you have a pic of the repair so i can see?

thanks

It’s all wrapped up now. I used good environmental splices. There was also a green and black twisted pair that look like someone had tried to fix at some point. I redid one of those as well.
There is 12 volts on that wire. It’s looks solid when I move the harness around. Is there any grounds I should check?
I got it figure out. I found that the black/grey wire going to the relay was also bad.

nice !! glad to hear !!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician