VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Once again my alarm on my 99 vw Passat will not disengage…

Customer Question
once again my alarm on...
once again my alarm on my 99 vw Passat will not disengage for my car to start how do I bypass this the car did not come with a remote but you turn the key to lock it on the driver door it flashes now it dowse nothing and the little red led light on the door is always flashing and the car will not start
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
3/16/2018
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

ok I just started taking the lock mechanism out of the driver side door

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

Unfortunately there is no fuse or relay or a bypass possible , we have several compliments involved ,what you need to do is You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE WIRING DIAGRAM THE COMPONENTS INVOLVED

have you checked anything on it yet , do you have a capable scanner

Read below typical issue on them

Condition

Immobilizer Active Intermittently

Vehicle may not start at times.

Technical Background

Additional electronic key/transponder attached to the same key ring may cause interference problems with the immobilizer system.

The following message appears in the dash insert: Immobilizer active

The following faults may be logged:

address 01: Engine Control Unit: SAE code P0513 incorrect immobilizer key

address 25: Immobilizer: SAE code 1177 key implausible signal

This problem may occur on all vehicles with immobilizer/transponder technology.

Production Solution

Additional electronic keys should not be kept on the vehicle key ring, near the ignition lock, or the transponder of the immobilizer.

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

all the scanner says is error
I am fixing this myself don't have $700 to let dealer fix it

what type scanner u have ?like basic code reader ?

or u saying ,it want establish communication when hooked up

so what dealer want to change for $700 ?

a basic one was working just fine on my car before first time I used it since car wont start
volks wagon
should I unplug the computer
i took the driver door apart
i know its not the starter or alternator since i did go and buy new ones and put them on already

so scanner works on one but do not work on other .

if you have no ecm communications ,nothing will work

fuses checked ?

what did dealer say u need for $700

what were the faults he found when he scanned or he told you u need ecm

you have door locks, hood, trunk, door switches, key, receiver ,antenna ring , to many to guess at it and with out a scanner to reprogram keys u want be able to do it

and you can not by pass it ,we need faults and pull up a trouble shoot or u will end up throwing parts at it ,you are going from $700 dealer to fix, took door panel off, not starter or alternator ,you are guessing

it could be the key had to replace the lock cylinders so 1 key locks the doors and one starts the car when it use to be 1 key for the car
starter and alternator i was going to replace this summer weather i needed to or not car is almost 20 years old

ok i see i got you

yes and the key is the number one reason, now days a lock smith can come out and program it

driver door locks is 2nd most common .

the key that start it is the one we need checked , if the locks are working correctly

ok but i can turn the car n and push start it

so it starts and run if you push start it, 'u have a manual gears ?

based on description below ,what is the indicator light doing ?

1999 Volkswagen Passat Sedan (3B2)

L4-1.8L Turbo (AEB)

System Active Indicator

• Vehicle
  • Accessories and Optional Equipment
  • Antitheft and Alarm Systems
  • Security Lamp/Indicator
  • Description and Operation
  • Components
  • System Active Indicator

System Active Indicator

System active indicator

The optical central locking system active indicator is via an additional LED in the upper part of the driver's door inner trim. The LED flashes for a period of time and then goes out.

When the LED is activated it will differentiate between the following functions:
- Central locking using SAFE system (lock once) LED activation then 50 ms on and 950 ms off, when the safe condition is attained
- Central locking not using SAFE system (lock twice) LED goes out.

The anti-theft alarm system (ATA) is not always displayed.

Comfort access module, under drive side floor board ?

is this what dealer told you need ?

click on link ,I highlight in YELLOW the fuses needs checked, did you check these fuses

that little red led light by the lock keeps flashing

the switch is connected to the comfort access module that controls the horn for immobilizer ,

the red light flashing is telling the system is not passing , so will immobilize starter operation ,u can start it rolling

is the horn still goes off after it starts , are the blinker still flashing ?

i did not know i have fuses under the driver seat

the fuses are located in the driver side of the dash fuse box in the diagram i sent you ,not under seat

you have module under floor board

if u have power seats and have fuse under seat it will for it or heated seat not for security systems

i have not checked those because i lost the manual so i didn't know what fuse connected to what

ok well lets check and see, if all fuses are good, my advice have it scanned and get faults and post them back here and i can help you further on it and be accurate

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).

You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

ok going to buy a test light

ok sounds good,keep me updated

that is my schedule on the site below

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till 9 pm Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

ok

ok