Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I'm replacing the turbo. It's a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t.

Customer Question

I'm replacing the turbo
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: It's a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t. And the turbo is a K03S
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I decided to replace the whole unit and remanufacturing the factory unit. I am tackling the job myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know the torque specifications and tips on doing this task
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: I would like to get them. I've red forums and many of them have different specs
Category: VW
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I can help you with the information that you seek. Just a moment, please.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Okay, here is the information that you are looking for. Here, I am attaching the replacement information for the turbo charger which includes the torque specs per manufacturer. Also, I am attaching the part and labor information, just in case. The labor pricing is listed in hours and is determined by the hourly rate of the shop.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers provided. Thanks again.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Just as a reminder, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.