VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2002 WV beetle and the driver side window stopped…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 WV...
I have a 2002 WV beetle and the driver side window stopped working all of a sudden. Is there a fuse I can check?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: VW
3/15/2018
VW Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Hello. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today. There is not a dedicated fuse for the drivers power window. This means that if the fuse or the circuit breaker goes bad, they will affect both sides. The issue that you are having is either going to be the window motor(the most probable cause) or the switch for the drivers side. To check the motor, you will disconnect the plug from the motor, apply power to one pin and ground to the other. The window will go up or down. Rears the polarity and the window will go in the other direction. If the window does not respond, then the motor is faulty. If the window does respond, then the switch is faulty. Here I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits to give you a better understanding.

Just to be sure, I am attaching the fuse and relay location information.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.