VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Mass air flow and fuel cap. Welp, it was one of the last…

Customer Question
Mass air flow and...

Mass air flow and fuel cap

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Welp, it was one of the last mohichans for V8 power!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

3.2l 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have been fixer uper replaced both fuel pumps

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Electrical short to ground with both fans and i have replaced the whole fan assembley haha

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: VW
3/15/2018
VW Mechanic: Danny, VW Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
What year and model VW do you have, you say V8 but then you was the engines in 3.2 liter which is a VR6, then you mentioned having two fuel pumps which really only the Touareg the Phaeton and some Passats have, on top of that the second fuel pump is only a transfer pump to transfer fuel from one side of the tank to the other so that can never be the problem of vehicle running poorly unless it runs out of gas with a half a tank each time.I'm going to need you to give me the fault code numbers, why do you list mass air flow and fuel cap up above and down below us electrical short to ground with both fans?As soon as you tell me the fault code numbers I'll tell you exactly how to diagnose the issue, or precisely what is wrong depending on the fault.While we're at it why don't you get me the value of what the mass airflow sensor is reading at idle and also at 2000 RPM while the vehicle is stationary I need to know how much airflow it seeing not the voltage.
What about the other two fault codes? You gave me fault code number 1 2 and 5, what are fault codes three and four?Also you still didn't tell me what year and model you have.And besides the fan fault codes, again WHY do you mention the maf and the fuel cap? Is the vehicle exhibiting any poor drivability symptoms?