VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Fuse problem. 2002 Passat wagon. Checking for fuse diagram.

Customer Question
Fuse problem Mechanic's Assistant:...

Fuse problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2002 Passat wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, checking for fuse diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was messing with the fuses to try to solve a very minor issue with my dash. I ended up with an extra fuse and I don't know where it goes; tried to start car but engine doesn't turn over

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
3/13/2018
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Is your vehicle 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?

4
I actually have 2 extra fuses. I'm an idiot. One is 25 amp, one is 15
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Attached attachment shows the manufacture provided fuse arrangement for this vehicle.

Ok
I replaced #28 and it didn't fix the issue
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Was the engine running fine before fuses were removed?

I never even got out of my car, I simply pulled over in a parking lot, messed with the fuses, then couldn't start the engine afterwards
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Are fuses 12, 15, 29, 32 and 34 in place?

thy are
Still there?
Hello?
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes, i am. I was looking at the wiring diagram.

VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Since the engine is not turning over, Do you hear any click or ticking noise when you try to start?

It's makes the proper loud sound that every car does, it just doesn't turn over
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

So engine is turning but it will not crank?

I guess so, I'm not certain what those terms mean. But yeah it makes the normal sound that it always does when I turn the key it just never... finishes turning on?
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Can you smell any gasoline smell underhood after trying to start?

No, not at all
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

There is possibility of something left loose when fuses were removed. Its hard to help for me over on this chat. I will opt out and let another expert assist you.

VW Mechanic: Danny, VW Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
Could you possibly take a picture of the fuse panel and attach it? Is your Passat the V6? How far did you drive it before pulling over and checking fuses, was it only for a minute or so?Does the check engine light come on when you turn the key to the on position?