VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Fuse problem. 2002 Passat wagon. Checking for fuse diagram.

Customer Question
Fuse problem Mechanic's Assistant:...

Fuse problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2002 Passat wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, checking for fuse diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was messing with the fuses to try to solve a very minor issue with my dash. I ended up with an extra fuse and I don't know where it goes; tried to start car but engine doesn't turn over

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
3/13/2018
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Is your vehicle 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I actually have 2 extra fuses. I'm an idiot. One is 25 amp, one is 15
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Attached attachment shows the manufacture provided fuse arrangement for this vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I replaced #28 and it didn't fix the issue
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Was the engine running fine before fuses were removed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I never even got out of my car, I simply pulled over in a parking lot, messed with the fuses, then couldn't start the engine afterwards
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Are fuses 12, 15, 29, 32 and 34 in place?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thy are
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Yes, i am. I was looking at the wiring diagram.

VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Since the engine is not turning over, Do you hear any click or ticking noise when you try to start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's makes the proper loud sound that every car does, it just doesn't turn over
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

So engine is turning but it will not crank?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess so, I'm not certain what those terms mean. But yeah it makes the normal sound that it always does when I turn the key it just never... finishes turning on?
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Can you smell any gasoline smell underhood after trying to start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, not at all
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

There is possibility of something left loose when fuses were removed. Its hard to help for me over on this chat. I will opt out and let another expert assist you.

VW Mechanic: Danny, VW Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
Could you possibly take a picture of the fuse panel and attach it? Is your Passat the V6? How far did you drive it before pulling over and checking fuses, was it only for a minute or so?Does the check engine light come on when you turn the key to the on position?
Danny
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic