VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My car while in motion just went off. It wont start. Cranked…

My car while in...

My car while in motion just went off. It wont start. Cranked it severally but wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes, the fuel supply is ok and the spark plugs are ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Volkswagen Routan 2009 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Routan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the timing belt, but its ok. Checked the fuel pump its ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just got the car in January this year. Not very conversant with it. It’s the first time I’m using this make

3/13/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

We need spark and fuel to start ?

do you know if you have spark ?

do you hear the fuel pump come on when turn switch to on position for few seconds ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. I’m repairing it myself. There’s spark and the fuel pump is running
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You can call me on +2348034073014
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello are you there?

is the security light on dash flashing or steady on or goes out when key inserted ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s steady
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or which of the lights are you referring to?

there should be a red security light on dash or a key symbol ?

steady is not good ,means triggered on ?

do you have or 2 keys and have u check key fob batteries /

do you have a vw capable scanner ?

has ckp sensor check for timing signal ?

are fuel injector pulsing ?

how did you check that u getting spark ?

is the car that was shipped from u.s , American specs or Europe ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good morning,
The car was shipped from US
I checked again but no spark
Fuel injector pulsing but not supplying to the nozzles
Only one key and i dont have a vw scanner. I have an AutoBoss which i used but not giving me a specific DTC at all

Replace the CKP sensor ,click on link to view pdf file and ckp sensor location,

ckp sensor provide timing signal, if not received by car computer it will stop spark and fuel injector pulse

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/jhook1398/3a79a490-09ca-4fbd-87bf-d86e0b4a97e2_0.pdf

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat