VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Radio reception is poor on my 2001-1/2 passat. wondering if…

Customer Question
Radio reception is poor...

Radio reception is poor on my 2001-1/2 passat. wondering if antenna connection is good . looking for info on radio removal

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Volkswagen Passat. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not right now

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
3/13/2018
VW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

I'd agree that its worth checking the state of the aerial connection on its socket on the roof

see this video for details on how its all attached

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQrzCKT-HpA

its worth unscrewing the aerial 1st and check its not corroded and also pull back the headlining and check the connection is bright and clean inside too

as to how to remove the radio then see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGTEpN_FouA

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced