VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Is it possible that driving with too much oil in the 2009 vw…

Customer Question
is it possible that driving...
is it possible that driving with too much oil in the 2009 vw 2.0 t engine could cause engine failure? The oil pressure light / stop engine see owners manual came on and would never start again. what can I do to retify this problem?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
3/12/2018
VW Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Too much oil can do lots of damage, ranging from burning out the catalytic converters, blowing out the rear main seal, blowing out the front crank or cam seals and the oil leaking onto the timing belt or timing chain and causing it to jump time, damaging the piston compression rings resulting in lose of engine compression, blowby soaking the spark plugs and fouling them out, or even causing a main or rod bearing to spin out

Jumped timing, loss of compression, spun bearing or fouled out spark plugs can all result in a no start condition.

You start by pulling the spark plugs and if soaked in oil, replace them and see if it starts

If not, then engine compression checked. IF under 100psi on any cylinder, timing has to be checked and if good, then engine will need to be torn down to inspect for spun bearing or bad compression rings

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.