VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 1965 vw with a 6 volt sysstem. The battery is good.

The starter is goo. 6...
I have a 1965 vw with a 6 volt sysstem. The battery is good. The starter is goo. 6 volts at starter. 6 volts at battery. the engine doesn't turn over fast enough to start. No blockage in the engine. Engine turns easily by hand. why won't it start?
3/12/2018
Martin, auto electrical

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

The problem might be the ground connection. There is one from the battery to the floorpan. And one from the floorpan to the transmission. I think it would be a good thing to remove both the cables clean and replace them.

Greetings,

Martin.

Martin, auto electrical