VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

The red temp warning light came on, beeped. smoke or steam…

Customer Question
The red temp warning...

The red temp warning light came on, beeped. smoke or steam coming from high on passengers side of engine compartment

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Its a red termometer with waves under it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2002 VW beetle turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Do you notice any smoke/ steam underhood aswell?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Steam
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I am not paying any more.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will figure it out myself I guess. This is a rip off. Thx
VW Mechanic: Danny, VW Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
I'm not sure why it prompted you to have to pay more we're just mechanics we work from our shops and on our own cell phones and stuff I don't know if the system defaulted to ask you if you wanted a phone call for this problem or what but it's not necessary.I'm passenger side of the cylinder head there's a coolant flange right below the valve cover.What happens is that the valve cover leaks oil on to it and eats the seal and then the flange fails, it's also plastic and warps.You just need to get a new coolant flange and temp sensor seal and clip I would probably also just replace the temp sensor.If I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept otherwise the site just keeps your deposit and I don't get compensated at all.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask you'll be able to ask them even after hitting accept.Again I'm sorry you're angry about the site but please don't take it out on us we're not even employees we don't sit in a call center were using apps on our phones and tablets and computers doing this at our spare time trying to help save people money.
Danny
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic