VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It is jerking after getting alternator changes. Changed.

Customer Question
It is jerking after...

It is jerking after getting alternator changes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Changed

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your VW?

2009 beta vw 2.5 and where do I put power steering fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

It always a whining noise and I can't find it to check it could that be the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I pay somebody to do it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
3/7/2018
VW Mechanic: VWDoc, Independent VW Shop owner replied 4 months ago
VWDoc
VWDoc, Independent VW Shop owner

From what I'm reading, it looks like you're asking where to add power steering fluid? Can I get a VIN first to confirm if your car has electric power steering or hydraulic?

that and I was saying my car is jerking after getting a new alternator put in is it do to me maybe needing transmission fluid and power steering fluid or is it just my transmission VIN 3VWRM71K49M055434

Ok, not trying to be difficult, but can you describe the symptom a bit more clearly? When you say jerking, is this something you feel in the steering wheel while turning? Something you feel while accelerating like the engine is "coughing"? Or does it feel like the transmission isn't shifting properly?

The more information you can provide regarding the symptoms your feeling will give me a better chance of knowing what's wrong, or at least where to start with a diagnosis.