VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Driver side window will not go up. All other windows are…

Driver side window will...

Driver side window will not go up. All other windows are working fine. Tried opening and closing all with key, but no difference

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2010 eos

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried putting all windows up and down with key

3/5/2018
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. If you listen near the drivers door while attempting to operate the window, do you hear anything going on inside the door? thanks.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years

it sounds like the window is moving a little, but I cannot see anything

Ok. What is most likely happening is the window regulator has come apart, and needs to be rebuilt/replaced. After that is finished, the window needs to be checked to make sure it is in proper adjustment ( eos is adjustable to match the rear window and the top), and the pinch protection needs to be set. (roll the window up, press the up button twice and hold the second time for a few seconds, then roll the window down and repeat. when properly set, the window will detent when opening the door)

Is there any way I can get the window closed now?

Are you planning on repairing this yourself, or taking it to a shop?

I cant get it to a shop for a few days, but I would like to get the window up as is going to rain

Is the window sunk below the top of the door ( where it comes out)?

it is out of sight now

Ok. Sometimes you can use tape if it is above the door level, and it has broken free enough to pull it up, and then wedge something in the glass/seal area to hold it up. Most of the time, the cables are chewed up and the window is stuck. The only way to release it at that point is to access the regulator by removing the door panel and disable the regulator to release the glass.

ok. thanks

I am sorry the procedure is not easier. Worst case scenario you can always cover the winodw hole with plastic and tape to protect the interior.

Hopefully the information I supplied helped. Please leave me a 5 star rating, if you do not feel I deserve a 5 star rating, please let me know ahead of time and I will make sure I have done all that I can to assist you, thank you.

kyle swart
Thanks, ***** ***** not have time to take the panel off, so I had to go with plastic