VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

We have a 2009 VW Routan van with about 76k miles on it. The…

Customer Question
We have a 2009...

We have a 2009 VW Routan van with about 76k miles on it. The transmission frequently goes into limp mode, but sometimes it’s fine. The local mechanic said he didn’t think it was the transmission, he thinks it’s the computer. So we took it to the VW dealer. They kept it two days then said they didn’t know what was wrong with it. So we don’t know where to turn.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Yesterday at the dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Routan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Did you not see the long message I sent?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need a vin # to get the factory info to assist.

Thanks

Here’s the vin:
2v8hw54x49r546331

while i'm getting the information did the dealer tell you the codes that was stored in all modules?

thanks

Po750, a solenoid code I think.

ok lets say its the p0750 code that is for the L/R . solenoid . there are 3 possibilities , the solenoid(valve body assy), wiring , or the computer.

very rarely the computer is the issue . its usually the solenoid or wiring causing this . the hardes part is that you have an intermittent issue here so get it to act up and stay acting up is the key.

some repair facilities use best educated guesses on these intermittent issue like yours . sometimes can bite in the rear .

did they road test the vehicle to see if they can get it to act up?

Not sure if they road tested it but they said they couldn’t duplicate the problem.
Can you help us?

i can try!!