VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Just replaced the inner CV boot of my 06 TDI golf. i have a…

Just replaced the inner...

Just replaced the inner CV boot of my 06 TDI golf. i have a vibration coming from the front passenger side that I assume is related to the boot change. Not sure of the cause. Nil adjustment to tie rod end so doubt that it i steering related

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

Yeh

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 VW?

103KW 2.0 lt comfortline

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replacing inner boot, my work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats about it

1/21/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This vibration is it more noticeable with a hard acceleration?

just to make sure the inner joint bolts to the transmission or slides in?

thanks

You can notice it above 10Klms, I did not go much faster than 40k as I assumed I would do damage but its noticable on gentle acceleration. Bolts into transmission does the inner CV bolt to the transmission in a particular arrangement (6 bolts)

ok did work the boot from the outer joint to inner or you did not touch the outer joint at all and just tackled the inner?

Just the inner

ok here what might happened .

the circlip has popped off of the shaft that holds the inner joint.

one of the 6 balls popped out.

the 6 bolts are not tight at the trans.

need to remove to reinspect

Ok doing that now cheers

one last thing!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician