VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

All my instrument trouble lights are on in my 2014 VM Jetta…

All my instrument trouble...

All my instrument trouble lights are on in my 2014 VM Jetta SE, Cannot reset them

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

ECP, ABS, E Break, Steering, SPEED gage does not move, there are a few more can't think of them

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Problem started after the cigarettes lighter fuse blow, checking to find fuse, I removed ignition fuse and put it back in the wrong place. Car no start until I put the fuse back in the right place. All lights lite

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Lets try this method first .

• please unhook the negative cable and leave disconnected for 15 minutes
  • before hooking back up open drivers door and keep open .
  • insert key in ignition and turn it to the on/run position
  • then hook up the negative cable back to the battery .( you will hear noises normal)
  • then start the vehicle and then road test the vehicle around the block

did the lights go out please do let me know!!

thanks

Wolfgang

Did not work
Lights still on
EPC
E BRAKE
TRACTION CONTROL
AIR BAG
Engine
STIRRING
Tire inflation

are you sure that no other fuse got misplaced or blown?

how many fuses did you remove and which box you were involved?

thanks

Engine compartment fuse box (FUSE 13) checked all other fuses with continuity tester all checked out good
Not sure about relays
My scan tool finds U0121
I don’t have a fuse diagram for the engin compartment fuse box

ok you have a fuse still misplaced

I do need a vin # please to get the factory information.

3VWD17AJ0EM292877

so you only was in the engine fuse box correct?

under the dash
To find the c lighter fuse

ok here is an attached file that shows the fuse layout and what size

NOTE USE 2014 FUSE BOX SELECTION ONLY!!

please keep me in the loop!!

By George I got it!!!!!!!!
It was the ABS CONTRI MIDULE, it was not seated properly. I pressed down on it and all trouble lights are out , except engine light. It will go out after about 200 miles.
Thank you very much
The DIAGRAM WAS A GREAT HELP!!!! ������������

awesome!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician