VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My check engine light is flashing and my car shakes a little…

My check engine light...

My check engine light is flashing and my car shakes a little when in park

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Blink

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2010 vw passat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing it just started doing it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Today when I put my car in reverse it basically shut off and wouldn't start back up right away but then it finally did start now the engine light flashes

1/20/2018
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Hi I’m Kevin it sounds very much like you have a missfire occurring . You will need to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine to pull fault codes to find the cause

Please remember to rate my seevice and let me know if you need anything else at all

Okay will the car still drive okay until I’m able to get that done?

I wouldnt drive any further than is needed as a missfire causes there to be unburnt fuel left after conbustion has occurred .this fuel enters exhaust system and if left can damage exhaust filters

Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Okay thank you I’ll see what they say Monday!