VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Well when he warms up it won't shift into 3rd 4th 5th or 6th…

Customer Question
Well when he warms...

Well when he warms up it won't shift into 3rd 4th 5th or 6th Gear it's lips

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Brake switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

It's a 2005 VW bug beetle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just bought the car and we got it up on jacks and we we're going to check the tranny fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about all the problems I have

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
1/19/2018
VW Mechanic: Martin, auto electrical replied 7 months ago
Martin, auto electrical
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.
The problem might be that the valves do not open as a result of low or dirty fluid. There is also a filter that can cause this behavior
The fluid becomes tacky. This is a result of heat. Replacing the fluid with a new filter and cleaning the solenoid valves should rectify the problem. Should you need more information please do not hesitate to ask me.
Greetings,
Martin.