VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Chech engine light has been on since i got the car, p0341…

Customer Question
Chech engine light has...

Chech engine light has been on since i got the car, p0341 have replaced camshaft positon sensor , coolent temp sensor, all timing parts and cooling system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Went out start the car and it cranks over and fires then die quickly it has always had a hard time starting now the immobilizer light is on and flashing the check engine light just stay on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

02 jetta 1.8t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i do work on my own, at work just disconneted battery earlier before i saw the immobilizer light on. tried to crank it over and battery is weak and died so will need to get a new battery today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats good

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
1/19/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.
* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.On your issue. Being the battery was weak has scrambled your immobilizer module and has lost your key signature. The only way to rectify this is to have the vehicle towed to the VW dealer to reprogram the keys. Let’s hope no parts are needed like the instrument cluster. 20% chance if that happening. Make sure a new battery is installed before the programming. The vehicle does not like low voltage.anything else?
if not.....
I try to be online 365 days a year.
I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.
This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!
A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!
I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!
So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!
If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.
Thanks
Wolfgang
Let me know if you need more info
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician