VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2014 VW Passat V6 SEL, Air conditioning not blowing cold air…

2014 VW Passat V6 SEL...
2014 VW Passat V6 SEL, Air conditioning not blowing cold air until 15 min or so of driving. What has VW found to be the likely cause?
Sometimes AC works fine right at start up. Inconsistent. By the time I drive to dealership, AC will be working fine.
1/17/2018
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, my name is***** most common cause of this symptom is a faulty compressor control valve. Even though the valve is being commanded on by the climate control unit it does not turn on the compressor. Replacing the compressor control valve on the compressor will usually take care of this problem. Ideally the system should be diagnosed when the air conditioning is not blowing cold. It can be difficult sometimes to duplicate the symptoms while in the shop for testing.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Will VW dealers replace control valve or will they only do entire compressor?

They probably will try to sell you a compressor but if you mention the control valve they may just replace the valve.