VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Alarm system on my 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE is locked on and I. I…

Customer Question
Alarm system on my...

Alarm system on my 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE is locked on and I

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

I can not start the engin.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No the battery was dead and I chugged it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: VW
1/16/2018
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 5 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

If the battery went dead the anti theft system seen it and triggered on, if all was working prior battery die we can reset it and should work again

use procedure below

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

if that did not work ',then we You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician