VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a Volkswagen Jetta 2006 and I have had it for a

I have a Volkswagen...

I have a Volkswagen Jetta 2006 and I have had it for a couple of months with no problems and these past 2 nights my car alarm keeps going off out of no where and then when I drive it and leave it it will stop for a while and happen again, I looked it up and it said it was the door latch on one of the doors, so I got that figured out but then today I went to leave and it didn’t start to we jumped it and it was fine and then when I got into the car the interior lights started to go off and on when the door was shut but when the door was open that would all come back on and so I let it sit and then I left again and once I started driving the lights for the unlock and lock and the windows were flickering and then I just kept driving and everything was okay and I went less than a mile and then all the light on the inside went off and then back on and kept doing that but the gauges stayed on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

When I got my car it did not have a Manual so I did not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

My dad knows how to fix foreign cars but he thinks it’s the alternator but I don’t really know much about cars. We haven’t done anything but jump it

1/16/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

on your issue any recent repairs to the hood latch, doors, trunk ,stereo ?

thanks

I don’t think there were any repairs lately.

aftermarket stereo?

No it’s the stereo it came with

ok before scan tool diagnosis ... i do need to know if you open each door one at a time then close do the interior lights come on when opened and go out after a certain amount of time?

please do check

thanks

they go out after a certain amount of time. I was going to leave and got in and with the door open the lights were on and then I shut the door and they shut off and came back on like 30 seconds later but when I was driving they all shut off multiple times
Ok here is the deal on this you have a latch issue. Which one?? Factory scan tool is needed to scan the comfort module to isolate which latch or latches is causing the alarm to go off. Usually it’s the drivers or passenger front latches. They get used mostly but I have seen more than one.
anything else?
if not.....
I try to be online 365 days a year.
I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.
This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!
A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!
I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!
So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!
If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.
Thanks
Wolfgang
Well the only ones blinking were the passenger and the drivers side

That is a good start and replace the 2 front ones first then recheck!!

anything else?

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician