VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Battery was drained (new one) and will not charge. AAA

Customer Question
Battery was drained (new...

Battery was drained (new one) and will not charge. AAA thinks it is electrical since my windows rolled down when he tried to charge the battery. Dials went crazy as well the the tachometer making a ticking and the dail moving in short jerks to high rpms with out my foot on the gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

No Noise just dead car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Volkwagen cc 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a mechanic. I have dumped $4000.00 in this car last year!!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
1/15/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The windows did they roll down completely or did they just drop a little?

did you try to charge the battery than jump start the battery ?

please do let me know!!

Thanks

Windows rolled down 1/2 way. New battery would not charge.

being that this is a CC the widows drop down to allow the door to close then the windows go back up. so with that being said with the battery being dead then when you applied power to the system its natural thing is to roll the windows down.

now to the issue that the battery will not take a charge . being that the battery is so low on voltage and then attempt to jump start there was not enough voltage because the battery is trying to charge taking the voltage up hence the needles bouncing etc......

Is the battery a factory replacement battery or aftermarket?

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced