VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Where is the heat blend door on my 02passat. No leaking.

Where is the heat...

Where is the heat blend door on my 02passat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking. Both core hoses are hot

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

02passat

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your VW?

02

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Where is the heat blend door on my passat

1/13/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, the temperature blend flap motor is located on the hvac housing buried behind the dash and requires removing the dash and loosening the dash cross brace to access it.

The motor is cable operated. The first step is to remove the control unit at the dash and see if the cable is attached or has come loose or the control unit broken where it attaches.

If ok, then you have to remove the dash to check the cable and motor

This car has the Climatronic climate control system
I believe that all of the heater flap doors are electronically actuated
This actuator is operating properly. Both Heather core hoses are hot. Engine comes up to temp at 195, and still will only blow cool air. Any ideas?

HI,

Try listening with a either mechanic's stethoscope or even a length of vacuum hose with end against the hvac housing near the actuator to see if you can hear the door actually move to verify the door inside the housing itself is not broken or stuck and not turning

I have watched it move, and have even disconnect ted the actuator and moved the linkage by hand.

HI,

I am not sure what else it would be. I will opt out and see if another expert knows

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

On your 02 passat there is a real good chance that the heater core is clogged with sediment . The heater core how it is designed and mounted the sediment goes to the core and falls to the bottom and keeps filling up till it clogs up. but the top of the core can flow through hence both hoses are hot .

I have replaced a lot of heater cores for this issue of poor heat. Also you will need to flush the cooling system to get any other sediment in the system out .

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician