Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My horn isn't working. 2012 Jetta TDI. I'm looking to

Customer Question

My horn isn't working
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2012 Jetta TDI
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm looking to replace the fuse
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I'm looking at the one inside the cabin right now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Can I get your vin# ***** I can look at the correct wire diagrams?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
3VWLL7AJ0CM360730

Here is your horn wire diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx37fyq8j0niaxe/tdihorn.pdf?dl=0

At the horn relay can you jump from pin 3 to 5 to see if the horns blow?

Can you verify pins 1 and 3 are powered?

Can you see if you are missing the ground to pin 2 when pushing on the horn switch in the steering wheel?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris