VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Golf mk3.5 convertible, battery went flat jump started it…

Customer Question
Golf mk3.5 convertible...

Golf mk3.5 convertible , battery went flat jump started it and opened the passenger door which is now setting the alarm off, any help would be appreciated , cheers ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes , key locks the car , central locking is working on both doors and boot, it has been a bit cold here , would that have a bearing on this issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Convertible?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , I have tried locking and unlocking the door , made sure all the doors , boot and bonnet are properly closed , think it could be an issue with the passenger door , it seems to be the one that sets the alarm off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, its really just help on how to reset the alarm I need , the Haynes manual doesn't have much relating to the alarm system

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

ok this perform this procedure exactly.

• hood open
  • make sure the battery is good and fully charged.
  • drivers door open
  • battery disconnected
  • key in ignition and have the key in the on position.
  • connect the battery.
  • they may be a beep and some noises out of the engine compartment
  • start the car

does the alarm still go off?

please do let me know!!

thanks

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced