VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

The lights or blinking on the selector gear PRNDS on my

Customer Question
The lights or blinking...

The lights or blinking on the selector gear PRNDS on my volkswagen EOS 2008. The car does not go on reverse and a buzzing sound comes on as a warning when I am driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The indicator on the panel for park, reverse, neutral and drive (PRNDS) it blinks on and off continuously.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?

We do not know mechanics at all. A technician from Auto Zone told us that it was a MAF sensor #(###) ###-#### he checked it with his computer. He said that it could be one or 3 simple parts, such as the MAF sensor.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
1/7/2018
VW Mechanic: StLouisWayne, Shop Owner replied 6 months ago
StLouisWayne
StLouisWayne, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The code that the guy at autozone is seeing is unrelated to the transmission issue.

The lights flashing basically just says there is some issue being detected with the transmission. There will be a code in the transmission computer related to that that will give you a clue on what to look at for that but it will take a much better scan tool than autozone has to access the transmission codes.

If you dont have a scan tool capable of communicating with the transmission module on this vehicle this job is probably best left to a transmission shop at the very least for the diagnostic portion then you can do the repair if youre handy.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks